Saturday 1 October 2011

Trackbacks

Time for a peek at where my blog's been turning up on the internoodle. If you know of any more, let me know.

This blog began operation on September 20 and I've already chalked up 38 posts (including this one) and counting. I'll tell ya, the new format and outlook have done wonders for my productivity. 

I'm sure many readers and followers of my former blog, Diary of an amateur vampirologist, are unaware of this blog's existence, as I haven't gone out of my way to promote it. I wanted it to be a surprise, a treat, an Easter egg, for people who read the entirety of DOAAV's last post and followed the last link in the entry. For those who did, I hope your effort's been amply rewarded! 

Incidentally, the snake-eating-its-own-tail picture I chose for the last entry of DOAAV was obviously not a random image: it's Ouroboros, which symbolises 'self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end'. I thought a phoenix would be too obvious.

Vampire costumes
Therefore, it's especially pleasing to see comments on this blog, as well as receiving 'shout-outs' elsewhere. Sure, some of 'em are from Google (thank you, Feedjit), but I appreciate it all the same.

So, trackbacks. The first 'shout-out' came from bshistorian, who linked to my articles on the Nicolas Cage vampire thing. Those entries have generated a decent amount of traffic, I'll add. But honestly, I didn't expect them to. It's just like my coverage of the 'antique' vampire killing kits: you never know what'll catch on.

Speaking of which, the blog scored a thread on the Athiest forums, thanks to that Nic Cage stuff. I can't help but be amused by that, due to my own religious beliefs.

It was great to see The vampirologist featured on Everlost's Vampire news, so soon after starting it. That's publicity you can't buy! Kidding. Thanks, E.

Lastly, Chad Savage celebrated the fifteenth anniversary of one of his pictures, by giving a shout to this blog. But, I can't take all the credit: Jane discovered the source. If it wasn't for her TinEye, I would've still been clueless.

Speaking of Jane, she actually created a Google doc, just to provide reliable translations for one of my entries. I am truly humbled by and thankful for her efforts.

The comments here have been great, too. There've been some teething problems, but the commenting function should be fixed now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...